Brand-safe advertising on local government websites
The keys to strengthening your brand are a safe environment and positive associations. CAN Council Advertising Network works in partnership with local government in the UK to offer exclusive advertising opportunities on their websites.
Why spend with CAN?
- Brand safety: Citizens trust the information they get from local government websites. They are a first port of call for reliable content on leisure, transport, homes, roads, recycling, learning and much more. Read our blog on programmatic advertising and brand safety
- Corporate social responsibility: Local communities and council services benefit from a much-needed extra source of revenue.
- Scale: Advertise across the UK 60+ local authority websites plus 100+ other public sector sites for tourism, transport and jobs, on a network with 17.2 million unique visitors a month. You can also cherry-pick geo-locations.
- Contextualised content and a captive audience: People need to visit their local council website again and again throughout the course of a year and at key stages of their lives. It’s where they register the birth of a child, or the death of a loved one, choose schools, get planning permission, research business licences and book garden waste collections.
- Self-segmentation: We work with quality, audience-specific data – not inferred data that number-crunches millions of stats and guesstimates behaviours. You can target the relevant audience for your brand for better chance of conversion. We know what the audience is currently interested in – because the webpages they visit tell us.
- Clutter-free environment: Research shows consumers are fine with ads relevant to them that are not intrusive. Our network partners run a maximum of two display ads per webpage. Your brand benefits from being part of an environment in which the user has fewer distractions and is more likely to pick up your message.