Targeted solutions for digital campaigns
Are your council campaigns reaching the right audiences?
Whether you want to inform local citizens about changes to services, encourage them to give their views, or promote behaviour change, CAN has the know-how to find the people you want to target online and on social media with CAN Citizen Reach™.
We target specific demographics (like age, sex and ethnic background), geographic locations and personal interests that match the groups of people you want to reach with your council campaigns – especially effective for those harder to reach in more traditional ways, like through print advertising and on outdoor media.
of UK smartphone owners aged 16-75 used their device in the last day*
UK smartphone ownership rose from 52% in 2012 to in 2018*
By 2018, of 55 to 75-year-olds in the UK used smartphones – up from 40% in 2013*
Most residents are online: if not on a PC or laptop, then almost certainly on a smart tablet or mobile phone (as shown above).
Now council services are shifting online too, citizens are interacting with you digitally. Which is why digital is so powerful. The average person in the UK spends more than 24 hours a week online; one in five adults spends as much as 40 hours a week on the internet.
With budgets to local authorities decreasing year-on-year from central government, it’s more important than ever to have a clear picture of your residents and their behaviour to help with service planning for the future.
How does Citizen Reach™ work?
Your campaign message is displayed as a digital advert on websites and/or social media channels and citizens click through to the relevant page on your council website to view the call to action and more information.
The sites your campaign ads appear on are determined by anonymised data profiles of individuals’ browsing habits (‘programmatic advertising’). This ensures your messages reach the specific groups of people you want to target.
Take a look at our webinar on programmatic advertising.
Unlike traditional forms of advertising, with digital CAN will also keep monitoring your campaign as it’s running to determine which messages, creatives and channels are working best, and tweak the campaign to get the highest performance at the lowest cost.
CAN also gives councils access to the anonymised data that’s collated to help you better shape your services for the future, improving delivery and cutting costs. Find out more in our webinars on how the public sector can make use of digital data.
Take a look at these case studies for how Citizen Reach™ has helped councils get their campaign messages out.
To help you get the most from your comms budget, CAN is able to pool the spend of individual councils into one pot of money to secure more digital advertising space for all, when a number of authorities run campaigns at the same time, on a similar theme. Find out how you can ‘share to save’.
What do you get from us?
- Human interaction: our team will talk through the aims for your campaign and who you want to reach with it.
- Digital action plan: detailing how we’ll target the right people via online and social media advertising.
- Quick turnaround: we get your campaign up and running as soon as you give us the green light.
- Flexibility: we’ll focus your campaign more online, or more on social – whatever fit is best for you.
- Safety: our in-built filters and constant monitoring mean your ads won’t appear on inappropriate websites. Read more on our blog on programmatic advertising and safety.
- Monitoring: we’ll optimise the best-performing creatives, times, media and formats.
- Nudge: we re-target people who have shown an interest in your campaign but not yet engaged.
- Data consent: our technology has compliance automatically covered for GDPR and other regulations for free.
- Up-to-date dashboard: we give you access to easy-to-read information on your campaign statistics, updated weekly, via the Google Data Studio, so you can track progress.
- Results: we provide you with an in-depth, end-of-campaign report including detailed breakdowns of who was reached, plus all final statistics on impressions and click-through rates.