How our digital expertise can support High Street recovery
We want to help UK councils in their support for local SMEs during the difficult post-COVID-19 lockdown period and beyond.
In the run-up to Christmas this year, when High Street businesses are relying on increased sales to get back on their feet, your help will make all the difference.
At CAN, we are offering councils our advertising technology and marketing and sales expertise to promote your local SMEs and boost your High Street Recovery Plan.
Our CAN Local service will provide you with a very visible and practical way to support your local businesses survive and thrive.
The power of place: readymade advertising opportunities for SMEs
People rediscovered their local High Streets during lockdown – and the powerful pull of the place they live in. Residents want to support their local businesses going forward, especially those who went the extra mile to help their communities.
Local councils are one of the biggest media owners in their area and in a position to give SMEs access to prime advertising space.
Your businesses could reach thousands of local customers each month on the council’s website. And you can give them free access using the advertising tech we developed especially for the public sector. It is the ad tech that is behind our successful Council Advertising Network which has been earning income to support council services for a number of years.
Giving your SMEs ad space on your council website would provide them with a safe, clutter-free, and trusted environment in which to promote their products and services.
The digital future: why local businesses need to be online
SMEs often lack the knowledge and confidence to make sensible choices for how to market themselves online. They may have already been stung being sold unsuitable media. They might have relied solely on local newspapers in the past, but many are sadly folding.
The CAN Local service includes giving digital marketing advice to your SMEs so they spend their marketing budgets wisely in an environment appropriate for them. This might mean signposting smaller neighbourhood concerns to localised Google and Facebook advertising to ensure they are visible online, as well as recommending the council website.
How CAN Local will work for your council
CAN Local is an extremely cost-effective way to support your local businesses. We take the load off you, so you don’t have to use in-house resources but still demonstrate very visibly how you are backing your SMEs. We will:
- Create an online form through which businesses contact us directly for support to advertise online.
- Advise your SMEs on the right digital marketing channels for their business – including free space on your council website.
- Develop advertising campaigns on the council website for all suitable SMEs. The council’s print, social media and email publications could also be included in the campaign if you wish.
- Provide marketing collateral for the council’s communications team to use to promote the opportunity for businesses to advertise on the council website.
- Report on each local business campaign via a dashboard they can access online which is updated weekly.
- Review CAN Local performance every three months to check it meets your council priorities.
Fill in our contact form with your details now to find out more and we’ll get in touch for chat.